Sunday, November 22, 2009

BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez Predictions

ufc-107-poster

It’s time to cook up my UFC 107 Predictions for the upcoming December 12, 2009 mixed martial arts event that features a packed card with Co-Main Events, one of the main events is the Lightweight Championship bout between Diego Sanchez and BJ Penn. Penn currently holds the Lightweight championship belt, Penn successfully defended his title when he defeated Kenny Florian at UFC 101.

Frank Mir will make his return to action against Cheick Kongo in the other Co-Main Event feature, Mir was recently crushed when he faced Brock Lesnar to unify the Heavyweight Championship at historic UFC 100. Those of you that missed UFC 100 should check out my UFC 100 Review to see some of the discussion that followed Brock Lesnar’s post fight antics, regardless Mir is looking to comeback against Kongo.

My UFC 107 predictions are based on who I would like to see win as opposed to who I actually think will win, that’s important for those of you looking for mma betting tips. I include the UFC 107 card, UFC 107 trailer, UFC 107 poster and the UFC 107 odds below. Hopefully you will find what you need in regards to the up and coming UFC 107.

UFC 107 Predictions

Diego Sanchez vs BJ Penn:

I can’t really explain how happy I am that the main event features a Championship bout again, in my UFC 106 Predictions I explained how I really dislike when main events in MMA are not Championship fights. If Diego Sanchez shows up to fight with BJ Penn in the same fashion he showed up to fight Clay Guida (video below) this thing could be one killer fight, not saying that BJ Penn is a pushover by any means. BJ Penn had an excellent showing for his UFC 101 fight against Kenny Florian, his technique as well as his striking ability looked ridiculous.

This is a pretty tough fight to call if you look at the most recent performances of Sanchez and Penn as both fighters were explosive and showed that they can pretty much fight anywhere, Penn has the experience advantage as well as a long list of top rated contenders he put out over the years. As I mentioned above I typically make my predictions based on who I want to win, since BJ Penn appears on my 10 Most Hated MMA Fighters list it’s safe to say I will be hoping for a title change. My UFC 107 prediction Diego Sanchez. Check out the Sanchez video. Hopefully he does the same vs Penn:

Frank Mir vs Cheick Kongo:
If you have been watching MMA for a while it’s safe to say that you know Frank Mir can run his mouth pretty good, he is already talking about how he wants a rematch against Brock Lesnar for the Heavyweight Championship. I hope that Mir isn’t making a big mistake in looking past Cheick Kongo, Kongo is a beast and depending on which Kongo shows up Mir might be in for another brutal battle.

Cheick Kongo might not be as big as Brock Lesnar but he is certainly one of the more powerful heavyweight’s in the UFC, Mir has a tremendous advantage when it comes to submission’s and he is no joke standing up either. As much as I like Kongo and even think there’s a chance he might beat Frank Mir I still have to go with Mir, his experience should keep him from getting in trouble as long as he keeps his head on straight and doesn’t make any mistakes. My UFC 107 prediction Frank Mir.

Kenny Florian vs Clay Guida:
Man oh man I can’t wait for this fight, there is just something about the high energy fast paced action that Clay Guida brings in to the octagon for every single on of his fights. Guida is going to need all of the energy he can get if he plans on defeating Kenny Florian who is coming off of a loss to BJ Penn in a fight that Florian was pretty much dominated in for the entire night.

Florian is no push over and he certainly has the tools in the tool shed to put Guida away, one challenge for Florian will be finding a way to control Clay Guida’s maniac like tendencies and movement. Florian hasn’t faced a fighter that moves as unpredictable and as quickly as Guida does, or at least not that I can think of under my current condition :mrgreen:

You know I have to go with Guida on this one. My UFC 107 prediction Clay Guida.

Jon Fitch vs Mike Pierce:
If you were going to rush to judgement quickly you would look at the records of both fighters and easily pick Jon Fitch based on the amount of experience he has, not to mention he has a pretty impressive MMA record of 23-3-0. I honestly can’t say that I have done my homework on Pierce in order to give a decent excerpt of what he brings to the table, I know kill me.

On the other hand I have seen Jon Fitch fight for years, I know what he brings to the table and I am pretty confident that he will walk away with the win here. My un-educated Ufc 107 prediction Jon Fitch.

Paul Buentello vs Stephen Struve:
I wouldn’t mind seeing “The Head Hunter” Paul Buentello walk away with a win in this fight, and who knows maybe a head to go along with it. I can’t say that what I want to see happen in this fight will and as much as I would like to see Buentello win this fight I am going to have to go with Stephan Struve, he has been on fire lately and I can’t see Buentello being able to handle Struve’s speed. Not to mention he’s the stringiest guy ever. My UFC 107 prediction Stephen Struve.

Source: Extremejohn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment